28 May Sent: Part 1
Tomorrow morning, 190 staff and students will board buses and planes and scatter across the world, from New York to Europe to Southeast Asia.
Our Second City teams will head to their new homes for the next 7 weeks, while our City Project students drive up to New York to spend a week working among unreached people groups that live and work right in the city.
Here is a snapshot of each group, along with some specific things you can be praying for each team as they head out. Will you please join us in lifting up these staff and students?
- Pray that the students would learn how to bring glory to Jesus by being excellent in their various jobs this summer.
- Pray that they would learn to love and serve each other well throughout the program. (Philippians 2:1-11)
- Pray that they would learn to love co-workers with the love of Christ.
Second City Southeast Asia
- Pray that they would pursue holiness and be in awe of God daily.
- Pray that they could develop genuine and fruitful friends with the national college students they’ll be working with.
- Pray that they would be a refreshment to their field partners by their service and sacrificial love.
Second City New York
- Pray for 24,000 people to hear the gospel in NYC this summer
- Pray for the team to love and serve one another & their partners well
- Pray that the Lord would help them make the best use of all their time, and be proactive and diligent in all circumstances.
Second City South Asia (Group 1)
- Pray that they would count each day a success by whether or not they were with Jesus. (Mark 3:14)
- Pray that they would die to themselves each and every day and would count the interests of one another as more important than their own.
- Pray that they would serve their city by boldly proclaiming the gospel and the humbly serving the long term team and national partners.
Second City South Asia (Group 2)
- Pray that they don’t just rejoice in ministry successes, but rejoice daily in Christ because their names are written in heaven. (Luke 10:20)
- Pray that they would continually deny themselves in serving one another, counting each other more significant than themselves. (Philippians 2:3)
- Pray that they are a life-giving blessing to the field partners by eagerly and fruitfully laboring for the sake of Christ being known among the lost. (2 Corinthians 5:7-15)
Second City Serbia
- Pray that they would daily experience and be satisfied by the presence of God and be led to worshipful ministry. (Psalm 16:11)
- Pray that they would have joy in boldly proclaiming the gospel and not get discouraged. (1 Corinthians 15:58)
- Pray that as a team they would love, serve and encourage each other and the longterm team with selflessness and effectiveness. (Philippians 2:1-11)
- Pray that they would all see the fruit of God’s work in themselves and through the salvation of the lost. (John 15:5)
- Pray that students would view prayer as the true work of ministry as we labor in New York.
- Pray that staff and students would all see Jesus as the treasure, more precious than comfort, reputation or ministry success. (Acts 20:24)
- Pray that our teams would help further the work of Global Gates as they seek to make the name of Jesus known to the unreached peoples of New York City.